Friday, July 22, 2022

x

July 22nd, 2022


The summer between junior and senior year I was the lone intern at Avon's manufacturing facility somewhere outside of Cincinnati, Ohio. I wore red lipstick like Andrea Jung.


I lived on campus. I rented the room of another Meg (a Margaret) who wasn't on campus for the summer, though her housemates, some pals, were. She would later fuck a jerk I was dating. This made me think about beds and energy. Snail Trails.


But then I was dating a sweetheart named Reynold who would head to Starbucks bright and early to get me a cappuccino for my drive to work. Factory hours are six to three. Home again in the afternoon, I would work out every day and we made love every night. I don't know why I ended that one when I did. My body was beautiful.


*


I fear I have been maintaining a broken system that I did not design and may have some say in changing even if through blatant abdication.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

♣︎

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home