Sunday, July 17, 2022

four (2+2)

 

I came home with only one hoop earring

I checked my handbag, this quilted Hawaiian shoulder bag I've been using

Emptied it completely and no second hoop

And not in the car

It was on when I left this morning

I considered that other hoop lost

My mind was then changed

I knew I would find it

Surprise me, I communicated through thought

Back to work

Popped the bag and coin purse into the machine

Delicate cycle with some lingerie (wash)

Smells so nice

Edited the contents and left the organized pile sitting on the blue chair in the dining room

An air dry overnight and ready again in the morning

Going>>going

I forget

Four days later my lover and I leave his Echo Park Airbnb

The morning is already hot

A glint catches my eye

There in the middle of a sidewalk square is my gold hoop

Two inches in diameter

I bend to pick it up

Not bent, no damage

That’s not yours babe — it's been there for days now

I tell him I knew I would find it, just didn’t know when and where

He presses a bit but it’s an inside deal

We get coffees and split an egg sandwich

Stroll back because it's time for mom mode again

Funneled onto the freeway behind the license plate 2ONEONE

I'd like to take a picture though it's really not safe

Later I remember this happened with my AirPods not long ago

Boarding a plane and then on the plane in a fold of fabric

Where does expectation factor into experience?

Ears and listening

Sensing and looking around

I believe I know the what of what needs to happen

The how has eluded me

Will reveal itself in time

Committed to not effort against

(Cannot be about a clean garage at this stage in the game)

I wipe down the second hoop with rubbing alcohol before I put it away



★★ four readings of hoopla ★★


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

♣︎

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home